BEST EVER NO-COOK PLAY DOUGH RECIPE
• 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (baby oil and coconut oil work too)
• 1/2 cup salt
• 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
• 1 to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in increments until it feels just right)
• gel food colouring (optional)
• few drops glycerine (my secret ingredient for stretch and shine!)
• Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
• Add food colouring TO the boiling water then into the dry ingredients
• Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
• Add the glycerine (optional)
• Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. * This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it’s the perfect consistency!*
• If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right
Source: The Imagination Tree
Gluten Free Playdough version 1
THE BEST GLUTEN FREE PLAYDOUGH RECIPE
• 2 Cups Baking Soda
• 1 Cup Cornstarch
• 1 ¼ Cups Water
• 5-10 drops of Food Colouring (per colour)
1 In medium pot, whisk together all ingredients (except food colouring).
2 Place pot on stovetop over medium heat.
3 Stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken and has the consistency of mashed potatoes.
4 Remove from heat and turn out onto a cutting board to cool completely before adding food colouring.
5 Divide dough into 4 equal portions and roll into a ball. Press your finger down into the top of each ball to make a deep impression to drop your food colouring into.
6 Drop 5-10 drops of one colour into each ball, and knead well until colour is thoroughly incorporated. We recommend protecting your countertop surface and putting on rubber gloves to protect your them from staining.
Source: Gluten Free Weekly.
Gluten Free Playdough version 2
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE PLAY DOUGH RECIPE
1 cup gluten free plain flour
1 cup rice flour
2 tablespoons xanthum gum
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup boiling water (with food colouring or natural dye in it)
few drops vegetable glycerine (optional but adds extra stretch and shine!)
Be sure to use real measuring cups like these when making this recipe.
Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir through. Now add the oil and mix. Add either food colouring or natural dye to the boiling water (read my instruction post here about how to make natural dyes from fruit, vegetables and spices!) and stir in carefully.
Allow to cool a little. add the glycerine and start to knead. Keep kneading until it is soft, stretchy and smooth.
source: The Imagination Tree